Advanced Hair Studio
Welcomes you as a proud owner of the new age technology marvel to save and thicken your hair.
To learn more about your new Advanced Hair Studio's Pro 12 Laser Device, go through the tabs above. You can also connect with us in case you wish to find specific information about your new laser device.
In 1976 having established Advanced Hair Studio as one of the largest hair replacement companies in the USA, I returned to my native Australia to develop more effective Procedures of hair replacement and programs of hair restoration because "I knew there had to be a better way".
Today, in excess of 1 million men and women worldwide have benefited from Advanced Hair Studio's advanced and unique procedures available at 300+ studios and alliances across the world.
Congratulations on choosing the new Program.
Some say that it is the hair that makes the man or woman. It's been called our crowning glory. It defines our style and frames our personal presentation. We sometimes joke about it, but for those of us with thin, lifeless, unhealthy hair, it's no laughing matter.
The fight for healthy hair comes with a high physical and emotional price tag, we know this because at Advanced Hair Studio we have spent the last 47+ years successfully treating hundreds and thousands of men and women around the world with their hair care needs.
Unhealthy hair is a complex problem that has many causes including genetics, lifestyle, and other underlying health issues. Because it is a chronic or on-going condition, continued treatment is needed for on-going benefits, and not everyone has the time to seek external help in tackling their individual hair care needs.
Now, after 20 years of clinical experience, research and development, Advanced Hair Studio has introduced the first hand-held Laser Photo Therapy device for better looking hair: The Laser Device. The Pro 12 Laser Device is an effective treatment for improving the appearance of hair that works in conjunction with the AHS Hair fitness range.
Your Pro 12 Laser Device is a home-use laser device that has been Clinically Proven to treat early to moderate stages of male and female pattern hair loss also known as hereditary or hormonal hair loss.
Pro 12 Laser Device works by providing laser energy to stimulate hair follicles. Pro 12 Laser Device should be used 3 times per week, spaced out every other day. For example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The Pro 12 Laser Device should not be used more than the recommended treatment time per day. Clinical studies demonstrate that most users see benefits in as little as 16 weeks.
Pro 12 Laser Device laser therapy has been proven in 7 clinical studies with over 460 men and women. In these clinical studies, over 90% of the participants experienced significant hair growth, on average, over 129 new hairs per square inch (over 20 new hairs per square centimeter).
It is important that you read and understand the content of this user manual before using your Pro 12 Laser Device.
How do you know if the Pro 12 Laser Device is right for you?
Your Pro 12 Laser Device can be used by men and women with thinning hair (including color treated hair) or pattern baldness caused by a hereditary condition or hormonal changes.
Your Pro 12 Laser Device comes with a rechargeable battery permanently installed. Read this manual completely before you start to use your Pro 12 Laser Device. The instructions in this user manual are intended for individuals with a minimum of an eighth grade education. Pro 12 Laser Device is safe for home use. The consumer is the intended operator of this equipment.
Use the Pro 12 Laser Device for 8 minutes per treatment, three treatments per week. The treatments should be spaced every other day, for example Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Do not use your Pro 12 Laser Device more than the recommended treatment time per day. Most users see benefits in as little as 16 weeks (based on clinical studies).
When you receive your Pro 12 Laser Device, take all the parts out of the case. Remove the red safety label. You must charge your Pro 12 Laser Device for 2-3 hours before initial use.
Charge your Pro 12 Laser Device by placing the power cord directly into the Pro 12 Laser Device and the other end an electrical wall outlet. The Indicator Light on the power button will flash blue during the charging process. Once charging is complete, the blue light will stop flashing and remain constant. Then the blue light will turn off. During use, the indicator light will illuminate as a steady white light. When the battery needs to be recharged, the indicator light will start to flash. It will flash for 12 seconds then it will turn the lasers off. When this happens, charge your Pro 12 Laser Device as described above.
Your Pro 12 Laser Device will automatically turn off after approximately 11 minutes of use.
The Pro 12 Laser Device should be used for 8 minutes. To turn on, press and release the power button. The power button light will turn on.
Shine your Pro 12 Laser Device onto the palm of your hand and you will see that the laser light is on (do not look at the laser light directly).
Do not use your Pro 12 Laser Device if the device is damaged or defective, contact Pro 12 Laser Device customer service or your place of purchase.
If your device needs to be recharged during your treatment, allow the device to fully charge before continuing your treatment. Do not turn on or use your Pro 12 Laser Device while it is charging.
Before beginning treatment, be sure to test the Pro 12 Laser Device for sensitivity. You only need to do this once to test your skin for any reaction to light therapy.
Turn on your device by pressing the power button once. Place your forearm with your palm facing upward under your Pro 12 Laser Device. Allow your arm to stay in the light for 2 minutes.
Turn your Pro 12 Laser Device off and set it aside. If you don’t experience any reaction, proceed with the treatment instructions. If you see any reaction such as redness or rash, do not use your Pro 12 Laser Device. Contact Customer Service toll-free at the numbers provided below or your place of purchase.
After you have turned on your Pro 12 Laser Device , place it flat on your scalp so that both rows of the teeth are touching your scalp.
Continue in this manner from front to back and then side to side until you cover your entire scalp with multiple passes.
Repeat these passes for the total treatment of 8 minutes for the Pro 12 Laser Device.
If you have long hair, use your fingers to lift your hair out of the way while using your Pro 12 Laser Device to be sure that the laser energy reaches your scalp.
IMPORTANT: Do not lift your Pro 12 Laser Device off your head when moving from front to back until you complete the pass. Your Pro 12 Laser Device features a pair of comb teeth that part the hair so the light can more effectively reach the scalp. You will make a few complete passes over your scalp within the recommended treatment time.
Turn off your Pro 12 Laser Device by pressing the power button until indicator light turns off. Once your treatment is complete, charge your device using the charging procedure previously described.
It is important to move your Pro 12 Laser Device very slowly. Remember, you are bathing the scalp with laser light. If you move it too fast, the treatment will not achieve the optimal results to promote hair growth. The total time required for treatment with the Pro 12 Laser Device is 8 minutes.
Start at your hairline. Move your Pro 12 Laser Device from front to back of scalp in a slow combing motion, pausing every ½ inch (1cm) for 4 seconds. Do not lift your Pro 12 Laser Device off your scalp while combing from front to back. Next, lift your Pro 12 Laser Device off your scalp and start at a new position at the hairline.
ANY ATTEMPT TO SELF-SERVICE YOUR DEVICE, UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY PRO 12 LASER DEVICE CUSTOMER SERVICE, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
Pro 12 Laser Device has advanced electronics to ensure that the device is working like it is supposed to and that the proper amount of laser energy is being delivered. If for some reason you are experiencing difficulties with your device, please try one of the tips below:
- Press and hold the power button for 4 seconds.
- If you have trouble understanding any of these instructions, contact customer service.
Your Pro 12 Laser Device is manufactured with the highest quality parts and standards and certified to ISO13485 specifications. Your Pro 12 Laser Device should provide many years of trouble-free usage. When working properly, a therapeutic red laser light should shine from the laser window. The laser light does not diminish over time.
Laser Power for classification: <5mW CW
Divergence: 57 mrad
Number of lasers: 12
This Laser Product is designated as Class 3R during all procedures of operation.
Note: Pro 12 Laser devices have no user-serviceable parts.
MTBF (mean time between failures): 10,000 hours at 25ºC ambient temperature
Operating temperature/altitude/atmospheric pressure/humidity: 5ºC to 35ºC/0 to 2,000 m/80kPa to 106kPa/0% to 90%, relative humidity
Storage & transportation temperature/humidity/atmospheric pressure: -20ºC to 60º C/0% to 90%, relative humidity/50kPa to 106kPa
Ingress of water or particulate matter: Ip22
Battery charging cycles: 300 cycles
ROHS (restriction of hazardous substances): 2011/65/EU
Device size and weight: 24.0 x 4.5 x 4.5 cm / 218 grams — 9.4 x 1.8 x 1.8 in / 7.7 ounces
Age of use: Adult
The power supply for your Pro 12 Laser device can be used in the United States and Internationally. This power supply will adapt to all power supplies from 100 volt/60 Hz (US) to 240 volt/50 Hz. If outlets in your country have different plugs than the power supply that comes with the Pro 12 Laser device, use an inexpensive plug adapter not supplied with the device.
- Do not stare directly at the red laser light or its reflection in a mirror because it can temporarily irritate your eyes. If you stare at the light for too long, it could harm your eyes. Also, never use a magnifying glass when using Pro 12 Laser device because it can cause temporary irritation to your eyes.
- Keep the Pro 12 Laser device out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not drop your Pro 12 Laser device in water because you may get an electrical shock. If your Pro 12 Laser device gets damaged by water, contact customer service.
- If the cord is damaged on your Pro 12 Laser device do not use the device because you could get an electrical shock. If the cord gets damaged, contact customer service.
- Do not use your Pro 12 Laser device near any heated surfaces because this could cause the device not to work properly and may cause an electrical shock, contact customer service.
- Laser light - avoid direct eye exposure.
- This is a harmless low-level ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) sensitive device. Please do not touch the port. Touching the contacts or port is not of the essential performance and will not cause a basic safety issue. If touching the contacts or port causes the device to malfunction, reset your device by powering off and back on.
- No modification of this equipment is allowed.
- This equipment has no user-serviceable parts. Do not attempt to modify or repair this equipment.
- Do not attempt to modify or service while the equipment is in use.
- If this equipment is modified, appropriate inspection and testing must be conducted to ensure continued safe use. Contact Pro 12 Laser device customer service.
- If you are taking any medications or products that make you sensitive to light, you should test your Pro 12 Laser device to make sure you do not have a reaction. Some of the things that can cause increased sensitivity to your Pro 12 Laser device could be medicines for colds, allergies, pain medicine and drugs to treat infections. To test your Pro 12 Laser device for sensitivity, turn the device on, hold the device on one spot, shining the light on your forearm. After two minutes, turn the device off and set aside. Look at the spot where you held the laser light over the next five minutes. If you see any reaction such as redness or rash, do not use your Pro 12 Laser device and contact our customer service information on how to return to place of purchase and get a refund.
- Only use your Pro 12 Laser device as directed. Do not try to change the way your Pro 12 Laser device operates. Altering controls, adjustments, performance or procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation (laser) exposure. Contact customer service.
- Never use acetone or other solvents on any part of your Pro 12 Laser device. Use of solvents on the window can block the laser light from coming through.
Pro 12 Laser device has been clinically tested on both men and women. In the clinical study for men, 5% of the men said they had itching or tingling from using the Pro 12 Laser device. None of the women in the clinical study reported any of these side effects. If you have itching, tingling or any other side effect that bothers you, stop using your Pro 12 Laser device and contact customer service.
Pro 12 Laser device is designed to last for many years. It does not require any maintenance other than periodic cleaning. Your Pro 12 Laser device is intended for indoor use only.
Turn off the Pro 12 Laser device by pressing and holding the power button until the light turns off.
Unplug the power cord from the device and from the electrical wall outlet.
To clean the teeth more thoroughly, slide the teeth towards the top of your Pro 12 Laser device and gently pull out. Clean with soap and water.
Clean the laser window with a soft, slightly moistened cloth. Don't use any acetone or solvents.
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product must not be disposed of with your other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose of your waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment at the time of disposal will help to conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste equipment for recycling, please contact your local city office or your household waste disposal service.
Basic safety precautions should be observed when using this, or any other electrical device, especially when children are present.
WARNING: Keep away from water. Contact with water may result in an electrical shock.